1. If you’re serious about fish, don’t eat seafood at Fisherman’s Wharf.
2. If you love one-of-a-kind finds, don’t shop in Union Square.
3. For the best sourdough bread, don’t go to Boudin Bakery.
4. Unless you’re stuck in 1968, don’t look for counterculture on Haight Street.
5. If you’re going to hop aboard San Francisco’s most famous icons, don’t take the Powell Street cable cars.
6. If you want a taste of waterfront life, don’t waste your time at Pier 39.
7. To get a real taste of Chinese culture, don’t go to Grant Avenue in Chinatown.
8. If you want to take to the water, don’t pile onto the ferry to Sausalito.
9. If you want to explore the San Francisco gay scene, don’t cruise the Castro.
10. Unless you want to freeze your butt off, don’t wear shorts in July.
Check out our blog at Your Vacation Guru for more travel tips.
Visit our Travel Site to book your next vacation. If you need additional advice and planning contact one of our professional advisors.